During March 2nd and 3rd, the WeCare board had the pleasure to host a group of heads of the European Palliative Care Academy’s International Leadership Master. The fruitful meeting resulted in the official joining of the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya in such programme.
The Master “Leadership in Palliative Care” has been shaping leaders in their bi-annual courses since 2013, but the 2021-2023 class is the first of which the UIC will be a part of. Our teammate Mariona Guerrero happens to be an alumnus of the course, which has given us inside in the innovation of our module: Evidence-Based-Leadership.
In this project, we are very lucky to share the wheel with the following institutions:
- Department of Palliative Medicine from the University Hospital of Cologne, Germany
- Our Lady’s Hospice & Faculty of Nursing of the UCD, Ireland
- The University of Gdansk, Poland
- Hospice Casa Esperantei, Rumania
- European Palliative Care Academy
Each establishment will hold a different educational program and host students on their campus for a week. The result is intended to be interconnected students empowered with leadership skills.